Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year with a new Art Trophy…


I am back this year with another Art trophy. Yesterday we went to the Sankranti and Republic Day event organized by BigHelp in Boston area. I participated in Art contest and won 1st prize for my Sankranti drawing. I did one on the same subject last year in TAGB Sankranti celebrations which won me 1st prize. This time I made few changes and did the same but little different.

Last time it was based on what I learned from my Dad describing me how they used to celebrate Sankranti in their village Damaramadugu when he was a kid of my age. This time I added a Family, and a Happy home in a village celebrating the festival of joy, colors and harvesting.

When I saw all other kids’ works, I wasn’t sure if I would win 1st place this time. There were several good ones. But, my efforts delighted me again and won the 1st prize. I took the trophy on the stage along with other winners. I was telling my Dad after coming home that my hands were sweating when I was standing on the stage. I was really excited and started feeling the Joy of Winning.


Thanks to BigHelp organization for giving kids an opportunity to show their talents.

Click here and check my last year’s winning Sankranti Art work.

Click here to check the contest winners on BigHelp web-site.

I also did a Bhangra Dance with my brother Rithvikand friends Nilay, Sridhar and Dhiren at this event. I love Hadippa song and will post my video next time.

5 comments:

Srini Nilagiri said...

Congratulations Bhuvan. I wish you all success. I am watching your blog for long time. Keep it up, keep painting :)

Hima bindu said...

congratulations Bhuvan....keep it up.

Bhuvan's Art Works said...

Vasu Uncle and Chinni Garu,
Thanks a lot.

-Bhuvan

Unknown said...

Bhuvan,
Congratulations. I am amazed to see that you have visualised Sankranthi in its right spirit. I am glad that you could put them on your picture so well.. The decorated bull (gangireddu), the rangoli design, kite flying... especially the harvested crop on the cart, the border design (gadapa)... and the Sun..!! You know sun IS the critical element of sankranti. I am sure your dad must have told you. You rock dear.. God bless..!!

Bhuvan's Art Works said...

Hello Uncle,
Thanks a lot for your comments and blessings.